Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Moon: Chapters 12 & 13: Intruder & Killer

Lines I Love

It wasn't the grin that I knew and loved—it was a new grin, one that was a bitter mockery of his old sincerity, on the new face that belonged to Sam.

More than dislike—I realized I hated it, hated anything that caused him pain. Hated it fiercely.

Jacob, the only human I'd ever been able to relate to…
And he wasn't even human.
What did this say about me?
It said that there was something deeply wrong with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Could you… well, try to not be a… werewolf?"

"Well, I'm so sorry that I can't be the right kind of monster for you, Bella."


Lines/Things I hope are in the movie

I hope they have all of Jake's cursing. It makes him seem like the 16 year old he is and how modern he is compared to Edward (who refuses to curse in a lady's presence).

"When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie's tree?"

"Why in the world would I be okay, Jacob?" [I love the desperation I feel when Bella says this.]

"No, Jake," I moaned. "What if we ran away? Just you and me. What if we left home, and left Sam behind?"
"It's not something I can run away from, Bella," he whispered. "I would run with you, though, if I could." [I think one of the things that I'm interested to see if they do is whether they show how, for lack of a better word, pathetic Bella is when it comes to needing Jacob. I have a feeling that they stick with the cooler, more collected Bella.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's kind of a wolf thing."

"Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?"


Thing of the Day: Here's 10 minutes of behind the scenes stuff released by Summit for New Moon. I haven't watched it because I swore that for a month before New Moon, I wouldn't watch anymore clips of the movie but I've heard that it has birthday party stuff and the beach scene conversation between Jacob and Bella that is in chapter 13.

1 comment:

  1. Just started rereading Twilight in an effort to try to convince myself to reread all of New Moon despite my desires to skip the parts that will make me a big baby.

    White wine and Twilight are not proper substitutes for a boyfriend, but damn they are good.

    ReplyDelete