Thursday, May 21, 2009

48 Hours of Drama!

So, I need to catch people up on the happenings in Ithaca. Yesterday, on my way to lunch (2:30 pm), my roommate Joanna called me frantic, asking if I had seen a car parked at the bottom of the back door stairs. When I answered that I had not, she started crying saying that she had her bf's (Josh) car while he was interviewing in NYC and that she had left the car parked there last night. I tried to calm her down, telling her that I'd never had any problems with my car which had been parked in that lot all year and that most likely someone had it towed. She was telling me about how she'd already called the police and the landlady to see if anyone had gone through them to have the car towed when I started to really think about what I had seen when I left the apartment earlier (1:40 pm) and I realized that I had seem an unfamiliar car leaving the lot. When I then asked Joanna what color Josh's car was, she confirmed it was gold - the same color car I had seen leaving the lot not attached to a tow truck. At that point, I had to tell her what I seen which pretty much proved that the car had been stolen. At which point she freaked out, I raced home, and we filed a stolen car report and I gave my statement to the police. As I was trying to answer the officer's questions in order to give him the most details I could about what I saw, his cell phone started to ring - it was the Law & Order theme song. I nearly pissed my pants but managed not to laugh for fear of getting arrested. The police officer warned us that because it was grand theft auto, anyone found with the vehicle would be taken down at gunpoint. Joanna assured him that she had the only key and that no one had contacted her about borrowing Josh's car. So, the officer said that he was going to leave to submit the case file and issue the report. Joanna, at this point, is hysterical about how she could have let this happen and what it was going to do to her relationship with her bf. On his way back to the station, the officer got a report in saying that a car matching the description was parked at a local fraternity. It turns out that Josh's younger brother had an extra key and, without giving Joanna a heads up, took the car to go grocery shopping. Joanna was so happy that the car wasn't stolen that she couldn't be mad. On the other hand, I was ready to go over to the frat and kick some bf's brother's ass!

Then, in an effort to not be a total recluse, I joined my other roommate, Tiffany, in the the common room for some TV. However, the movie Along Came Polly started playing and I don't like that movie so she turned over the control and said that I should pick something. I clicked the Guide button and there in the list was The History of Sex: the Middle Ages. I turned to my roommie and said that we had to watch and it turned out to be one of the most ridiculous hours of my life thus far. Let me give you an example, in the same era as Canterbury Tales, other rather lewd tales were being published like the story of the penis put on trial (yes, I said the penis, not the man with the penis). The penis was charged with seducing and defiling a virginal maiden, convicted, and sentenced to be separated from the man to which it was attached (wait, it gets better). After the sentencing, the maiden went over to the penis at which point, the penis 'stood' in her presence. Impressed by its politeness, the maiden argued that it was too kind a penis to be punished and thus the penis was saved. This was just one of many hilarious things discussed in the show.

In more important news, BREAKING DAWN IS A GO! Robert Pattinson confirmed this week at the Cannes film festival that Summit bought the rights to it and has unofficially green-lit it. I love Rob all the more when he exclaimed his interest in continuing with the Twilight Saga and how proud he was of New Moon. I love it when actors are proud of the projects that made them famous, even when they're not oscar worthy roles.

EW Magazine is having a New Moon spread coming out soon. It has pictures of the birthday scene, the meadow scene with Laurent and one hot looking kiss w/ Edward. I'm looking forward to it.

Rob is also #4 on Access Hollywood's list of Hottest Eligible bachelors. He tells a story about how some seven year old came up to him and said "I need you to bite me!" and that he was so overwhelmed by her intensity that he almost felt compelled to do it. (Maybe the little girl had some Jasper skillz... hmmm?)

SPOILERS AHEAD! I'll keep them all in the same paragraph so if you don't wanna know, just skip down to the next to the thing of the day.

There's some magazine that is claiming that they know of some major changes between the book and the movie. First, that Edward appears to Bella in visions rather than just his voice (yeah, we knew that one already since he was in Vancouver for a while). Second, that Bella's way of making Edward manifest is more dangerous than in the books (yeah, that was pretty clear when during the movie scene with Jessica Stanley, Bella actually gets on some guy's motorcycle and drives off with him.) Finally, that in the movie the ultimatum that Edward gives Bella for turning her into a vampire is NOT THAT THEY GET MARRIED! Ugh- If that's true, I'm freaking going to hunt down Melissa Rosenberg and interrogate her until I find out WTF she was thinkin! I will say, the site I read this on did claim that the magazine reporting the changes tends to exaggerate. I *bleeping* hope so.

Thing of the Day: Since today was such a New Moon heavy day, I'm going to do a few things. First, I came up with a potential playlist of songs that remind me of New Moon. I'm listing them below in order from best to least best (since none of them are bad). Secondly, I'm going to leave you with my favorite humorous New Moon quote.

This will probably be my last post until after I graduate so I hope you enjoy!

Lifehouse - Storm (perfect for Bella on the cliff)
A Fine Frenzy - Near to You (Bella about her relationship with Jacob)
Hana Pestle - Need (Bella about Edward)
Anna Nalick - In My Head (Bella about Edward)
Evanescence - My Immortal (Bella about Edward)
Kelly Clarkson - Haunted (Bella about Edward)
Avril Lavigne - Slipped Away (Bella about Edward)


"Only a teenage boy would agree to this: deceiving both our parents while repairing dangerous vehicles using money meant for my college education. He didn't see anything wrong with that picture. Jacob was a gift from the gods."

1 comment:

  1. BEST BLOG POST..EEEVVVEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!

    Because...
    1. Nail biting drama with the car
    2. Ridiculous officer cell phone ringer
    3. Penis on trial
    4. BREAKING DAWN!!!!!
    5. New Moon excitement
    6. Nice playlist :)

    Oh my god, that made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete