Thursday, May 14, 2009

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

Oh, where to begin? I thought the quote from Casablanca was particularly appropriate seeing as how this blog is both a beginning and an ending. It's the beginning of my life after college (and the end of 4+ years of collegiate torture). Although it isn't a true ending just yet - my last final starts in two hours - I'm done studying for it and can start to truly appreciate my new found freedom.

Things I'll write about? Anything I bloody want to. Whatever strikes my fancy, whenever it strikes. Although, I think it's fair to warn you that there will be a heavy dose of Twilight Saga based commentary because it's kind of like my boyfriend right now. We're still in that lovey-dovey courtship phase where we can find no wrong with each other. So, along those lines I've decided to keep a running count of how many times I've read each book in the series in its entirety (if I counted how many times I read the meadow scene or the first night back from Italy scene - we'd be talking in the 100s). I think it's a fair guesstimate to say that I've read each book in the series from front to back at least 10 times. So I'll start there and see what happens. My prediction is that by 4th of July, all of the numbers will be in the 20s. What do you think?

Btw, I'm lucky I didn't send myself to the hospital this morning. I was eating cereal this morning before I had brushed my teeth (cuz seriously, if I already had, I was just gonna get 'em dirty again) and I chalked up the weird milk taste to that. Little did I know that this afternoon, when I decided to be very bad (earmuffs Jessica!) and have milk & double stuffed oreos, that as I was pouring milk into the glass there would be a giant chuck of congealed milk. Expiration date? 5/8 That's what finals do to you, make you so damn confused you can't remember how old your milk is.

Thing of the day: Feel like reverting to your inner 5 year old? Now you can do that AND cater to your Twilight addiction with Twilight coloring! Check it out.

Twilight: 10
New Moon: 10
Eclipse: 10
Breaking Dawn: 10
Midnight Sun (I know, it's not the real one. I don't care, I'm including it!): 10

1 comment:

  1. First off, I need more colors in that coloring website.

    Second, I am waaay more grossed out by the congealed milk than you eating the oreos, I love milk so much that I am uber scared of drinking bad milk. I am glad you didn't get sick!

    Oh and for Twilight some of my favorite scenes to read a bajillion times are (off the top of my head and subject to be added too and in no particular order):
    - When Edward tells Bella he'll be listening to her answer when Jessica asks her if she likes Edward
    - When Bella slams into Edward in Italy
    - When Bella wakes up as Vampire
    - When Bella faints from the blood and the scene before in the cafeteria.

    Obviously more, I just stopped there I've been reading extra lately.

    And I do think you should count...because then I can laugh at you while using statistics. While you won't know for me...since I don't count, but it is less than you. I've only read through them completely 2-3 and if you count scenes I'm probably in the 40's.

    ReplyDelete