Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So, I'm just racking up the sucky days over here...

So, to outline what was so crappy about my day - I didn't fall asleep until nearly 2 am and then woke up at 6:05 for no apparent reason. When I finally managed to fall back asleep at 8:30, my roommate woke me up at 9:20 because she needed me to drive her to a doctor's appt (I'd already agreed to do it a few days before, I had just forgotten about it). So, in between dropping her off and picking her up, I ran over to Day Hall (home of the bursar & commencement office [weird... we have an entire office devoted to commencement - anybody else have one of those?] I digress) and I was able to pick up everything for commencement. Tickets for the indoor ceremony in the case of bad weather for everyone who's coming and parking permits for the rentals thereby redeeming myself for my previous failures. Although, I found out today that it's too late to submit a picture for the Biological & Environmental Engineering Ceremony so now, instead of my face, there's going to be a fugly bumble bee shown when I get my fake diploma... shit. Then, between picking up my roommate, preparing/eating lunch, and going over the material for my 3:30 meeting, 2pm rolled around at which point I took a 50 min power nap, which was nice but didn't really do much for me feeling sleepy. So, I got up collected my shit and headed over to campus to meet with a professor to go over my paper. Well, I get there and he, to put it in KR's words, was a douchebag. He said that my paper was disorganized and that he was going to make me do an exercise that would help me for the rest of my life. The exercise? to go back through my paper and specifically mark when I'm giving my opinion versus when I'm referring to the author's pov WHICH I FREAKIN DID WITH CITATIONS AND PHRASES SUCH AS "IN THE AUTHOR'S OPINION"!!!!!!!!!!! It was just a really humiliating experience and made me feel very childish. So, as a coping mechanism, I resorted to a jamocha milkshake from arbys. It kept me from going crazy and killing people so that's a plus. But, after that, I went to go fill up my car because it was running low on gasoline, only to notice that my gas card wasn't in my wallet... FUCK! So, my current plans are to finish this blog and go to sleep.

Things to do tomorrow: pick up my cap & gown, look into the gas credit card thing, set up a meeting with my Engineering adviser, head over to the career office and see if they have any interesting gap year opportunities, figure out where to make reservations for dinner on Saturday night for me & the family, and actually get my ass to the gym and work out.

So, the new New Moon poster is currently gracing my desktop and as you can see, I got a little preview & count-down going on here. My thoughts are I like how they're posed, very symbolic of Bella being involved with Jacob but always looking around him for Edward and also a good metaphor of Jacob's disgust with the vampires (having his back turned) but also standing as Bella's protector from them. And, in a high pitched girly voice - OMG TAYLOR LAUTNER IS SO HAWT. GO TEAM JACOB! Oh my, I have no idea where that came from... O:-) First, I really really wish they made Jacob look taller. He's supposed to tower over Bella and be a head taller than Edward but, I know they can only do so much. Also, in the promotional pictures for Twilight, Kristen Stewart looks very youthful - like a 17 year old should. In the New Moon poster, she looks older and harder (like she lost baby fat in her face...?? idk what I'm thinking). I don't know if I feel she looks too sexy (like the dark sultry look) or if she looks gaunt and exhausted like Bella's character is supposed to look like at the beginning of chapter 5 when she first starts to hang out with Jake. I'm wavering back and forth. What do you think?

And yes, I plan on obtaining a poster as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Thing of the Day: I'm sadly going to be repetitive and give you another song. If you watched this as a kid, you know you're cool.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED Alvin and the Chipmunks!!!

    And I agree about the poster, if she's not youthful and dark then I want it to be in a lost New Moon kind of way, not in a sultry/sexy kind of way.

    Also Robert is still hotter (hawtter) than Taylor :P

    ReplyDelete